2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 specs have made a few changes. These allow the Silverado to reach a maximum towing capacity of up to 13,300 pounds on Bolingbrook roads. And thanks to the hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and a series of towing features, this new Silverado, much like the 2019 Silverado towing features and build, offer a strong and lightweight experience. Learn more about the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing features with the team at Chevrolet of Naperville today!
Towing Capacity Per Engine
When it comes to the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity, this model’s performance can be attributed to the three powerful engine options. These include:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine makes 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds. It’s also the standard Silverado 1500 engine.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds, and also increases efficiency.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on the roads near Bolingbrook.
Noticeably, the new Silverado 1500 was built to get the job done. It only makes sense to include features that make towing and hauling that much easier. Here are a few feature highlights:
- Trailering Package: This package is standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500, and includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing around Bolingbrook.
Explore the Chevy Silverado at Chevrolet of Naperville
Explore your options with the team at Chevrolet of Naperville. We can help you get behind the wheel of your favorite model for a more affordable price with our new vehicle specials. Have questions about this model or our savings options? Contact our team!
More from Chevrolet of Naperville
Looking for a compact SUV with the precise handling you need for your downtown Aurora drives? With its easy maneuverability and a tight turning radius, the Chevy Trax keeps you in control no matter what the traffic report says. On top of that, it comes with a generous number of standard infotainment features to keep…
The 2021 Chevrolet Trax takes what so many Naperville drivers already loved about this vehicle and makes it even better. The latest improvements to Chevy’s standout subcompact SUV are no more apparent than on the 2021 Chevrolet Trax interior, which is full of exciting technologies and designed for optimal comfort. Chevrolet of Naperville peeps inside the Chevrolet…
If you’re ready to upgrade your Aurora ride with a rough and ready pickup along with a versatile cabin, then the 2021 Chevy Silverado interior is sure to impress. With expanded interior seating and cargo specifications to improved technology features, you’ll have everything you need in your next Chevy. Discover all you’ll find in the…