How Long Does It Take to Charge a Chevy Volt?
Everyone knows the Chevrolet Volt can keep moving for days or weeks at a time without needing a top-up, but how long does it take to charge a Chevy Volt? Well, that depends largely on how you’re going about it, since you can use a 240-volt charging unit, a standard electric car charger, or an AeroVironment Level 2 32 amp EVSE-RS.
How Long It Takes to Charge Your Chevy Volt
- Charging with the 240-Volt Charging Unit: With the available professionally installed 240-volt charging unit, you can bring the battery from flat to full in just 4.5 hours.
- Charging with the Standard Electric Car Charger: Use the 120-volt portable charge cord included with every new Chevy Bolt to charge the battery in approximately 13 hours. All you need to do is plug the cord into a regular wall outlet to add about 4 miles of Range Per Hour.
- Charging with the AeroVironment Level 2, 32 amp EVSE-RS: Choose professional installation and use your 25-foot cord to reliably charge your Volt up to 2.5 times faster than with traditional cord sets.
Whether you want to travel around Naperville or head from Bolingbrook to Aurora, the Chevy Volt offers the all-electric range and available 420-mile total range you need.
How Far Can the Chevy Volt Go?
The new Volt is one of the most efficient plug-in hybrids around, offering:
- 1,100 miles between fill-ups when you charge it regularly.
- Up to 53-mile battery range to more than cover the 40-mile round trip of an average daily commute.
- Up to 420 miles of total range with a full charge.
When you go over the 53-mile battery-only range, your Volt will intuitively and seamlessly switch over to use gas.
Contact Us Today to Find Out More About Charging the Chevy Volt
So, how long does it take to charge a Chevy Volt? Not very long, as it turns out! The Volt brings state-of-the-art hybrid technology to your daily drive, and you’ll find the latest model available now at Chevrolet of Naperville. To find out more or arrange a test drive, contact us today. You can also compare the Bolt to the Chevy Bolt EV.
More from Chevrolet of Naperville
You chose the Chevy Silverado 1500 for its ability to deliver maximum hauling and towing power on the job in Aurora. Next, you’ll decide on your Silverado cab and truck bed sizes. What is the bed size of a Chevy Silverado for each truck bed and cab configuration? Read our guide below to check out your…
If you’re looking for an affordable compact SUV in the Aurora area that still has all the comfort features, cargo space, and technology of a full-size SUV, take a look at the 2020 Chevrolet Equinox interior at Chevrolet of Naperville. View Equinox Inventory Equinox Overview 2020 Chevrolet Equinox Interior Dimensions Compact SUVs are just the right combination…
Aurora drivers love small SUVs with their combination of style and capability. Some drivers worry that switching from a car to an SUV automatically means a loss of fuel economy. With new small SUV crossovers like the new Chevy Equinox gas mileage isn’t significantly different than what you experience with driving a sedan. Chevrolet of Naperville showed…