How Long Does It Take to Charge a Chevy Volt?
Everyone knows the Chevrolet Volt can keep moving for days or weeks at a time without needing a top-up, but how long does it take to charge a Chevy Volt? Well, that depends largely on how you’re going about it, since you can use a 240-volt charging unit, a standard electric car charger, or an AeroVironment Level 2 32 amp EVSE-RS.
How Long It Takes to Charge Your Chevy Volt
- Charging with the 240-Volt Charging Unit: With the available professionally installed 240-volt charging unit, you can bring the battery from flat to full in just 4.5 hours.
- Charging with the Standard Electric Car Charger: Use the 120-volt portable charge cord included with every new Chevy Bolt to charge the battery in approximately 13 hours. All you need to do is plug the cord into a regular wall outlet to add about 4 miles of Range Per Hour.
- Charging with the AeroVironment Level 2, 32 amp EVSE-RS: Choose professional installation and use your 25-foot cord to reliably charge your Volt up to 2.5 times faster than with traditional cord sets.
Whether you want to travel around Naperville or head from Bolingbrook to Aurora, the Chevy Volt offers the all-electric range and available 420-mile total range you need.
How Far Can the Chevy Volt Go?
The new Volt is one of the most efficient plug-in hybrids around, offering:
- 1,100 miles between fill-ups when you charge it regularly.
- Up to 53-mile battery range to more than cover the 40-mile round trip of an average daily commute.
- Up to 420 miles of total range with a full charge.
When you go over the 53-mile battery-only range, your Volt will intuitively and seamlessly switch over to use gas.
Contact Us Today to Find Out More About Charging the Chevy Volt
So, how long does it take to charge a Chevy Volt? Not very long, as it turns out! The Volt brings state-of-the-art hybrid technology to your daily drive, and you’ll find the latest model available now at Chevrolet of Naperville. To find out more or arrange a test drive, contact us today. You can also compare the Bolt to the Chevy Bolt EV.
More from Chevrolet of Naperville
View New Inventory Contact Us Chevrolet provides a selection of all-wheel drive vehicles, including trucks, crossovers, and SUVs. From the compact Trax to the powerful Silverado, you’ll find vehicles that are capable of handling any road or less-than-perfect weather conditions. Check out which Chevy models offer all-wheel drive with us at Chevrolet of Naperville before making decision…
The 2020 Chevy Traverse is more than the family-friendly SUV you’d expect. This versatile SUV offers impressive performance and a high towing capacity to ensure you can load up and haul what you need when you need to. Learn more about the 2020 Chevy Traverse towing capacity with us at Chevrolet of Naperville and see all this…
Luckily for drivers who like having options, the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado offers multiple configurations. Each one will help you stand out from the crowd while giving you the advanced technology you need to stay connected and entertained. Check out the configurations from the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT to the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High…